Saturday, November 26, 2011
Stomach Virus Blues
Sorry guys, its been a long time coming. I'm sure you've been wondering: where are the posts? Well on top of the hit or miss internet connections and lack of energy to attempt to connect.. we've been out of town and low and behold I finally got a dreaded virus/bug/worm..who knows what it is. Surprisingly almost 2 whole months here in northeast Brazil in a rural town with green rancid drainage water running in the streets, trash and (cow, horse, dog) feces as far as the eye can see and Dengue(West Nile Virus) outbreaks..and we hadn't gotten sick even once! Then we finally take a vacation to civilized and what we call more "normal Brazil": Salvador Bahia and Rio de Janeiro and I get a stomach virus! Can you believe it? Needless to say it put a damper on my beloved dream to see Rio but at least I made it there. But we've got some stories to tell! Today we're back in Sao Sebastiao safe and in one piece though I'm slowly recuperating. Bruno on the otherhand is fine, since he has a stomach of steel and can eat anything. At least one of us is doing well. :) I'll will report back soon when possible with a regular update with pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! you got to see Rio but boo you got a stomach bug. Those are the worst, trust me I know. Feel better soon! miss ya much!
ReplyDelete