Monday, February 27, 2012

Better Late Than Never!

So I never finished the blog. I cannot blame it on crappy internet connections this time since we're back to normalandia. I can though blame it on the fast life and lack of time. It also is a bit hard posting these pics with these mixed feelings I have after coming back.

So contrary to popular belief we didn't finish the trip off with more vacation..when really in total we only did fun travel stuff about 10 days total out of the 90 days we were there. (Some of those days not even being fun since I spent them in the bathroom and in bed.) :( After we returned from Rio and Bahia, I stayed sick for another week. I was very weak and hating life from the heat and our very stressed living situation that will go unmentioned. I had to be almost carried home one day from service and they thought I had dengue (West Nile Virus). Good thing I didn't.. and we pushed on the last 3 weeks of the stay. Doing rural territory didn't happen much unfortunately so we kept it local which was fine because we started to really roll with return visits and studies.

Our C.O. tio Abraao came for his visit and it was just what we needed! I cannot believe I didn't really take any pics from his visit. :( So enjoy our pics from this early-mid December rundown. More to come..I promise!




Angela an RV of ours. Poor lady! Her son (Lucas) is 2 and has a tracheotomy (hole in his throat to breathe). She has to try to be clean for him, which is hard in a house thats open to the outside and always full of dirt no matter how hard she tries. She cried that we came to visit her b/c she said she felt encouraged when we shared scriptures with her. And we're the only ones to tell her she wasn't being tested by God with this horrible situation!


Maria and Cristiane in Local Service

Service with Gabrielli Boy We Miss Her!

A lady in service I preached to was working on Rendas de Bilro a local craft
of
São Sebastião

Nobody's seen Jehovahs face and lived....
We have! Bruno's Study Jeova!



Ok if you couldn't tell already, we LOVE kids. So I will feature some cute kids pics as always


Gabrielli and Valdegie from our Congregation
We Would Visit them from Time to Time - Luv Them!


As always we find some sort of cute children at play while we were in the ministry


This Child is Sooo Precious
DiDi (Bible Student's Child Ready for Campo!)


Kids Cool Mode of Transportation
Shoot I wish some days Bruno could've rolled me around in a wheelbarrow!


And for my not so cute kid pic..........................


This is what we like to call a "Cueca Kid" cueca means underwear in Portuguese.

Lots of kids love to play outside in their undies. I don't blame them. It's hot! We wanted to get a better shot but we'd look like pervs taking pics of kids in undies!


And for my nature picture for this post...

Another Scenic Shot of my Favorite Random Tree on the Way to a sitio (in rural territory)
Malhada da Onca for my Study

1 comment:

  1. Hi A & B,
    Really enjoyed your blog, I felt like I was there with you. So sorry you got sick Amber. I imagine having been there for 3 months and all the experiences makes you so much more grateful for all the "luxuries" we have here.

    Luv ya, Analia

    ReplyDelete